Start a new career with Alpha Insulation, a part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) family of companies.We are one of the largest insulation installers serving the residential new construction market with 135+ locations serving 48 states in the continental United States. IBP has successfully grown through acquisitions and we continue to do so. Although installing insulation is our niche we are also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces,bath and door hardware.
You can become a part of a growing company with the opportunities to learn new skills and build a career!
IBP offers the following benefits:
Fireproofers are responsible for installing fireproofing materials in new and existing commercial buildings to the required specifications designated by the material manufacturer. Fireproofers regularly work extended hours, weekend hours, and may be required to travel out of town as needed.
- Assist in receiving and unloading trucks.
- Ability to read and understand spray charts and material thicknesses.
- Must be able to operate a Forklift, Boom lift and scissor lift.
- Must be able to use a mechanical sprayer to apply SRFM and be able to diagnose any small issues as well as breakdown and clean equipment daily.
- Track daily production rates.
- Communicate with immediate supervisor on scheduling and material orders.
- Communicate with general contractor and other trades.
- Follow direction with minimal supervision
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Available to work out of town
- Work off scissor lifts, boom lifts, and scaffolding
- GED or equivalent; Minimum of 2 years spray experience preferred
- Ability to apply SFRM per manufactures recommendations preferred
- Ability to read and write and interpret spray charts preferred
- Forklift, boom lift, scissor lift certification required
- Must have reliable transportation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.